Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Welcome 2.0!

I am back!  After completely forgetting that I started this blog in hopes to expanding my collection and connecting with others in the hobby I am looking to upstart again.  A lot has happen both in my hobby and personal life since 2014.

I once again can call Central Ohio home.  We moved back from the Toledo area roughly two years ago to be closer with family.  During this span I happily have become a father of a baby girl.  She has truly changed my prospective on life.

From a hobby prospective my office has exploded with cards over the last few years.  I clearly lost focus on my main collecting goals trying to achieve several projects at once.  However, my Barry Larkin collection has grown exponentially to nearly 1,200 cards.  Due to the current problem of too many cards in the office I have decided that 2017 is going to be a downsizing year and to focus on the following goals:

Goal 1, Downsizing My Collection:  This may seem obvious, but I truly need to downsize.  Eventually my office is going to become a playroom, so having boxes and stacks of cards is not ideal.  I plan on selling/trading off a lot so if there is something specific you are looking for let me know!

Goal 2, Focusing on my Personal Collection:  I am going to make myself stay focused on what I collect and not go after every shiny object I see.  This will be one of my hardest aspects to achieve but I am up for the task.  Here is a listing of what I PC:

  • Barry Larkin Cards
  • Kahn's Red's Team Sets
  • Topps NOW Reds Cards
  • Joey Votto Topps Gold Border Cards
  • Steelers Team Sets
  • Blue Jackets Team Sets
Goal 3, Increasing my Barry Larkin Collection:  Seeing that I'm closing in the 1,200 unique Barry Larkin cards I think I should set a number of cards I would like to achieve by 2018.  As it is getting harder and more expensive to find cards I don't have I think 1,300 is a realistic goal. This will mean I will roughly need eight new cards per month.  My goal is to track my incoming cards via this blog.

Goal 4, This Blog:  Seeing that I have forgotten about this blog until recently my goal is to post at least one post per week.  I can't promise I will be writing a book each time, but I would like to post enough just to keep things interesting.  I am also going to change how I have it set up to be more user friendly.

In summary, here is to a great card collecting 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment