Tuesday, January 17, 2017

2017 Mail Day #2

This mail day actually should have been #1 but it was so large I just now finished processing it.  About six months ago I created a "Barry Larkin Collectors" page on Facebook.  It is not very large as we have only 6 members in it.

One of our newest members and I compared lists.  He has slightly over 1300 as I am closer 1200 cards.  So we did a massive trade of our duplicates and I got close to 50 cards!  Here are some of the highlights of the massive stack.




It is getting harder and harder to find cards I don't have.  So those rare inserts are always nice to see in a large stack all at once.

My friend Philip did manage to hit a couple of cards on the Ultimate Want List as well.


1998 Topps Tek #57, Patterns 14 and 26

It was nice to knock out two more cards from the set of 90 variations.  This is my first accomplishment on the UWL in 2017.  I think I'm closer to 75 cards remaining in the set.

Some of you are probably wondering if I'm just going to be talking about Larkin on this blog.  The answer is more often than not as it is my main focus.  However, I am excited to be watching my CBJ beating Carolina 4-1 in the second period. 

I am also going to the Midwest Sports Spectacular at the Ohio Expo Center this weekend.  Hoping to knock out a few more on my lists.  Hope to see some of you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment